I already mentioned that this blog is based on the AWS Free Tier. In in the upcoming blogs I would like to visualize the environment I am working with. MS Visio is not an option because I don´t want to buy it. I picked OpenOffice Draw instead because its free and it seem to be possible to import the AWS Simple Icons (SVG) format.
1. Install Apache OpenOffice Draw
- I am using Windows 8.1 (Ubuntu will be installed tomorrow 🙂 so downloading and installing the executable did the job
2. Download the AWS Simple Icons
- Download the AWS Simple Icons (SVG/EPS) and extract the zip files into a folder you like
- I used “My Documents\AWS_Simple_Icons_svg_eps”
3. Import AWS Simple Icons into the Gallery/Theme
- Open Draw
- On the right side switch to “Gallery” (I use the German version so I guess the names)
- Click on “new topic”
- Type “AWS”
- switch to “Files”
- choose “SVG – Scalable Vector Graphics” as file type
- click on “File search” and choose the folder you used in step 2
- click on “add all”
Ready for use.
Go docker compose!